Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wrap Up and Hand Off

I ended my internship a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have seen six airports, relaxed, and started my second year as an MBA at the Darden School of Business.

In retrospect, writing a business plan for a protected area in Cambodia was a difficult challenge.

The draft I handed off to CCIF was, I felt, well-researched but incomplete. The most rewarding work was done in Phnom Penh with my coworker Sarah, bouncing ideas off people and organizations that have a stake in the Cardamom Mountains, and I wish I could have collaborated more with the CCIF team on refining the plan based on those conversations.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading this blog and vicariously working as a conservation financista in Bali, Indonesia.

Lembongan seaweed cultivation (island close to Bali)



Terraced rice-farming on the road to Bedugul, Bali



Bedugul, Bali




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and the Scuba diving was goo, too...

Zoetwodots said...

Are you kidding, the scuba diving was out of this world.

Uma Abraham said...

Hey,

The pics are really beautiful!

How can I get in touch with you?

keep blogging and Scuba Diving :)

Uma
uma@graduatetutor.com